Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'M DIGGIN: Conan on the Tonight Show

Ah Conan, how I missed thee and longed for thee during thy quarter-year absence...

The Conan-ator is back, and as far as I'm concerned, better than ever. Sure, there was a bunch of talk about the first episode not meeting expectations, but we're talking about a guy that has based an entire successful career on an awkward appearance and self-deprecating humor. A bad show is simply the next night's hilarious punchline. And he's gotten better every night since the first.

The one letdown for me has been the sense that he is playing it a bit safe on his intros, trying to seem a little more mature for the Tonight Show faithful. At least we've gotten some hip puppetry. Other than that minor complaint, its great to have America's nightly goofball back on TV.

And btw, that Twitter bit on Tuesday night was hilarious.

Currently listening to: M. Ward, Post-War


2 comments:

  1. M. Ward...I like him alot. Do you have his album End of Amnesia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I listened to END OF AMNESIA for the first time the other day. Pretty good. POST-WAR is a great album, as is TRANSISTOR RADIO.

    ReplyDelete